Saturday, March 7, 2009

No Longer Afraid of Flying...

After watching this mind-blowing audio/animation video developed to illustrate the flight that landed safely in the Hudson River earlier this year, I can officially say I am no longer afraid of flying. I've always known but I've never SEEN the training-in-action of a pilot and crew. When you hear the calm and collected way Sullenburger says "we're going to be in the Hudson" and the way the air traffic controller handles the call without panicking, I finally realized these folks actually know what they're doing. Anyway, this was a freaking-awesome video and I got a little thrill every time I watched it, which was over and over and over.

Enjoy!

Flight 1549 Video


Thanks to Rachel Maddow and Scene Systems for providing us with this clip!

No comments: